Setting the right direction is essential as you navigate the new normal. This can be a challenging time for your business but know that there are strategies that you can explore in order to survive and thrive.
We list down some tips to help you improve your business while adapting to the new normal.
1. Use digital tools for your advantage
If you’re new to work-from-home setup, you might find the online shift as a struggle. But worry not, there are digital tools that make your work faster and easier.
Here are some tools:
- Google Hangouts, Skype, Zoom – For virtual meetings or teleconferencing
- Hootsuite and Mailchimp – For social media management and email marketing
- Trello – For project management
2. Set regular meetings
While there are a lot of advantages for remote work setup include reduce overhead costs, it also has its own challenges.
Are your employees are self-motivated? Are they prepared for a work-from-home set up? If you think that they are not ready for the shift, then you need to do something. As the leader of the company, it’s your responsibility to get the ball rolling regardless of the challenging environment or situation.
To help you with challenge, you can set regular meetings to keep you connected with your team and to ensure that you are aligned with them. You can even create a group chat to your team’s preferred messaging app for faster communication.
3. Check-in with your team
Remember, we’re still in a global pandemic. There’s nothing wrong to ask your employees about their condition. Ask their struggles or challenges with the current remote work set up. At such this moment, being an emphatic leader is needed so your entire team can navigate the new normal.
We know that your business goals are important, but you have to keep in mind that without your employees, you will hardly achieve it. You have to make sure that you provide the necessary support to help your employees get through this.
4. Boost workplace productivity
Productivity should be achieved even working remotely. To ensure productivity within your team, coming up with remote work policies can help. But of course, you have to make sure that you discuss these policies with your team.
Some tips to ensure productivity while working remotely:
- Set a deadline for the tasks or projects that you assign to your team.
- Keep your communication open every day. As simple as asking your team to share their tasks for the day to your group conversation can help. Setting an example is the key here.
5. Make your business storm-proof
Now that we’re navigating to the new normal, there are – for sure – a lot of realization and learning that you’ve got as the leader of the boat. Aside that you’ve gotten more mature with the situation, you know that there are processes and strategies that you need to apply in order for your business to survive.
Here are some tips to make your business storm-proof
- Keep at least six-month worth of an emergency fund. What if another lockdown in the future happen? Is your business ready for this?
- Have a financing partner. Cash flow is definitely a challenge during a crisis. Are you ready for that? Having a financing partner can help you jumpstart your business during challenging times.
RFC can be your financing partner to grow or expand your business. RFC has a wide range of loan solutions to help your business succeed.